At Best Movers League as an essential business, we remain open during the pandemic and are committed to maintaining the safety and health of our employees, customers, and community. In these stressful times full of uncertainties and safety concerns in everyday life, we are determined to ease the stress and anxiety you might be feeling. Our BML PROs have been able to carry out the full schedule of moves without incident, and are closely monitoring information related to the COVID-19 (coronavirus), daily. Here are mandatory safety procedures for COVID-19 we have implemented with the guidelines of the CDC and OSHA, with every move.
What WE do to keep it safe
- ALL of our employees are equipped with PPE (personal protection equipment), such as gloves, head masks, sanitizers, booties (optional), and antiviral cleaning supplies.
- We encourage all of our clients to take extra precaution steps and offer contactless move. We can take instructions online or over the phone, before your job starts and go the extra mile to meet your needs. Therefore, you can send us photos, floor plans, give us directions, etc., and we’ll brief the team. If we have any questions during the move, we will contact you via call or text.
- Video Estimates are now offered as an alternative to our onsite estimates. if you feel worried about meeting our BML estimator in-person and would like to avoid human contact, you can record a video/photos of your home and send it to us for a quote. Learn more about video estimates by asking our Call Center specialist at 1-800-617-25-11.
- Building Management Requirements during Move-in/Move-out: Some buildings have already established COVID-19 safety moving procedures and require every moving agent to comply with it. If applicable, please check with your building(s), and let us know if there are guidelines we will need to keep in mind. Notably, any restrictions on access to the building elevator, loading/unloading? The more we know, the better we can plan a more efficient move for you.
- FREE to reschedule or cancel your move. If you don’t feel comfortable relocating during this time, please call/text or email us if you wish to postpone the move or make any changes to it. There are no additional fees applied, and we are always here to help.
- Going Extra Mile. This optional service is available only at the destination location after the move is complete, and upon advance request. For an additional $20 we can clean the frequently touched surfaces like doorknobs, handles, countertops, etc. with disinfecting wipes. Please let us know if you would like this add-on at the time of your booking.
What YOU should do to keep it safe
We are on this together, so let’s fight the pandemic together as well! Here are a few guidelines we advise every client to take to assure safe and stress-free move.
- If you feel sick or have shown any symptoms related to COVID-19, Postpone your move. It is free and easy. Just give us a call beforehand, as soon the need to postpone emerges.
- Please wear personal protection equipment when being present for your move. We advise every client to wear masks and gloves while our team is working onsite. If you don’t have it, please stay off-site and away from the movers while they work.
- Honor social distancing. As recommended by CDC guidelines, 6 feet distance between every human is considered a safe way to work and communicate. All of the BML PROs are informed to honor social distancing in relation to clients and co-workers, and we strongly encourage our clients to do the same.
- Wash hands frequently and please allow movers to do it as often as needed. For a full day move, we would like to take precautions and wash hands multiple times during the moving process to ensure public safety.
- Please disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces with antibacterial wipes or soap, especially doorknobs and handles before the movers arrive.
- During the move, please open your windows and let the air circulate freely.
- Thank you for your trust in Best Movers League. As we are adapting to the demands of the current times, we maintain confidence that we can make your moving experience as stress-free as possible. If you have any concerns or additional requests to meet your moving needs, please let us know!
As the situation with the coronavirus continues to unfold, we will keep on monitoring it closely and take actions necessary to help keep our employees, customers, and community safe, and post updates on this page.